Friday, February 11, 2011

Why in the world would I want to do Once A Month Cooking?

I have been asked on several occassion, why I do what I do.  Why would I want to prepare meals for an entire month in one day.  My response..."Because I can't afford not to."

Here are the top five reasons why I would encourage any mom to at least try Once A Month Cooking and even better to host a Party In My Kitchen Party.

1.  Save Time: 
By preparing your meals ahead of time and freezing them you will save yourself hours of daily preparation time.  A typical traditional OAMC session will last 8 hours or a Party in My Kitchen Party will last 3-4 hours and you will go home with 20 meals for your freezer.  Then you will have as little as 15 minutes of daily prep time compared to the hour or so it would take to prepare that meal from scratch. 

2. Save Money:  
Once a month cooking alone can save you lots of money especially if you frequently eat out otherwise. When you combine the OAMC concept with a group of friends doing it together, you save even more money because more of the ingredients can be purchased in bulk quantities.  When I do my group I can cut my grocery budget by at least one third.

3. Family Meal Time and Eating Healthy
 Life is busy; many parents work full time or just have crazy lives like mine and don’t have much time for daily meal preparation.  Thus many are resorting to prepackaged meals or dining out.  These options not only cost more, but are not always healthy alternatives to home cooked meals.  By preparing your own freezer meals you will have home cooked meals for your family with very little time involvement on a daily basis.  And it will bring your family back to the dinner table allowing for conversation time which has many benefits which I will discuss at a later date.

4. Gain Flexibility
If your meals are prepared ahead of time it allows for others to get the meal ready.  A teenager or dad can put dinner in the oven if you are running late.  If there is a need to take a meal to a friend you have one ready to go in minutes just by pulling it out of the freezer.

5. Socializing with Friends While Preparing Your Meals
This is the added benefit to having a Party In My Kitchen Party.  You can turn a few hours working and visiting with your friends into a freezer full of meals for your family. By working together to prep the meals you cut down even more on the time spent to assemble the meals than if you were doing it alone and  you get to be with your friends. It doesn't get much better. 

Over the next few weeks, I will be taking these categories and expanding in further details as to the advantages of using Party In My Kitchen. It is my plan to convince you that Party In My Kitchen is the way for you to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment