Pages

▼

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Sausage and Potato Soup

This is a variation of the soup in my previous post.  I made it the other day because I wanted soup but didn't have any tortellini, so I decided to try potatoes instead and it was yummilicious!!!!!

Ingredients:
3 cups cooked Italian sausage
4 cups sliced potatoes (I like the baby potatoes best)
4 cups water
1 can evaporated milk
6 chicken boullion cubes
1 tbsp. oregano
1 tbsp. parsley
1 tbsp. chives
salt & pepper to taste
parmesan cheese

Put all ingredients in medium size sauce pan and bring to boil. Allow to simmer about 30 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.    Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese and serve.

ENJOY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, 6 whole bulion cubes PLUS more seasonings AND more salt? Have you made this and tried it, and if so, was it extremely salty? I'm curious to see how this turns out for our dinner tonight; I only added two bulion cubes and even that seemed like over-doing it. Figured if it needed more after it was all simmered and done that I could just add more.

    Other than that, it sounds really tasty! If it turns out, I'm going to try the tortellini version next time. ;)

    ReplyDelete